Current Positions Available
January 2018 - Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Information Security Analyst. Iron Spear is growing fast and we are committed to providing the best service to our clients and are looking for someone who is passionate about security to join our team and grow with us.
We have an immediate need for a security analyst to assist a client with ongoing security monitoring and incident management. This involves looking for incidents from various tools through to identifying the causes and assisting in remediation to prevent these issues from reoccurring. There will be great exposure to many aspects of a well-run cyber security program as well as opportunities to work with many other clients across a variety of industries.
We are an equal opportunity company, we would love to hear from everyone and encourage more women to get into cyber security.
- Network threat monitoring – analysis of tools and alerts to identify suspicious network activity
- Assist in security incident triage and investigation
- Vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Threat Intelligence – gathering threats and providing preventative measures
- Assist in cyber security process design and implementation
- Information security control assessments
- Technology Degree or Diploma
- Good knowledge of networking, servers and security technologies
- Strong understanding of networks and protocols
- Experience with some sort of intrusion detection and analysis
As part of our team we would look for these traits in you
- Inquisitive thinker but methodical in execution of duties
- Passionate to contribute but also willing to learn about security
- Must be FLUENT in English and able to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- The work is in the greater Vancouver area, must be eligible to work in Canada and be able to attend an interview in the Vancouver area
Nice to haves
- Professional designations such as: CISSP, CISA, CCNP & CCIE, CCSA and/or CCSE
- At least 2 -3 Years of experience in a professional technology role
- Previous security operations/consulting experience
- Experience with incident detection and associated technologies
About Iron Spear information Security
We are passionate about information security and developing custom solutions for each client based on their business risks. Our approach to security is through building a solid foundation based on recognised standards.
We work in a collaborative environment and will ensure you receive the support and mentorship to develop your skills as well as deliver benefit to the clients. Iron Spear is growing fast and we have some unique services we are currently developing, so this is a great opportunity to get in and build the company with us.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and you will have opportunities to attend conferences and engage in industry groups to collaborate with your peers on security for Canadian companies.
If a fast changing and dynamic security environment is what you are after, we’d love to hear from you.